Check out this great formula:
Where are we?:
Base: NL =7
Ends: Heavily Highlighted with a combination of level 9 & 10+ Highlights
What do we want to be?:
A Warm Brown Copper
With Subtle Hues of Dimension
Similar to Ashlee Simpsons seen here.
Using a Non Ammonia Demi Based Hair Color (like Shades EQ or PM Shines)
1/2 oz 6 Level Natural Brown Base (PM Shines 6NB or Redken 6NB)
1 & 1/2 oz 6 Level Red Orange (PM Shines 2 parts 6RO 1 part 9RO or Redken 7RO)
** For a little more Red effect use 1/4 oz less of the NB and add 1/4 oz of a Red Brown (PM Shines 6RB or Redken 6RB) to the formula
1/4 oz 7NB
3/4 oz 7RO
1/8 oz Orange Kicker/Additive
1. Separate the top from the bottom with a horse shoe section that extends from high recession to recession.
2. Apply Formula #1 to the entire bottom section.
3. Release top section and in horizontal partings 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick depending on the density of the hair, alternate formula #1 & #2 throughout the top section.
4. Making sure that a 1 inch section is taken at the point of the clients part, apply formula 2 to this region. This will keep it strong and vibrant through the top.
5. Taking formula 1, lightly brush formula from the hair line back to about a 1/2 inch into the hair to blend the to formulas around the hair line. This will give a less striped more blended effect around the hair line.